Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blue Smoke

   On April 21st, we visited Blue Smoke. Just by looking at the name, this restaurant seems unique. In fact Blue Smoke is a unique place. It has been one of the first barbecue places in New York City. We had a good time in Blue Smoke.

   I ordered Creekstone Farms Texas Beef Brisket. The restaurant offers both lean and marbled. I told the waiter that I had no idea which one is better. The waiter was nice and told me that I could have half lean and half marbled. I really like this idea. I believe that a lot of people have had similar problems while eating in
restaurants. It is good to ask waiters. They usually give you useful advice. After approximately 20 minutes, our food arrived. The brisket  looked a little bit oily but it was absolutely awesome. It tastes fresh. It's unique taste wouldn't come out until the sauce was applied. All the sauce in Blue Smoke are pretty good.  There's also mashed potato and crispy onions that come with the Texas Beef Brisket. To most people, mashed potato is a dish that they eat almost every week. In Blue Smoke, there's always crispy onions in mashed potato. It's a perfect combination.


And great dessert. It's Lemonade Cake.


1 comment:

  1. I like the crunchy and creamy combination of fried onions and mashed potatoes also :)

    ReplyDelete